AMAZON FULFILLMENT POLAND SP Z O OO firmie
Area Manager (m/w/d)Numer ref.: 1362692
Since 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
Our entire business works hard to delight our customers – from the second an order is placed online to the seamless coordination of that order behind the scenes, we strive to stay agile, fluid and intentional. That can be described in one of our core Leadership Principles, which is Bias for Action. This means that our teams band together, roll up their sleeves, and aren’t content with just standing still. We’re aiming to become the most customer-centric company on Earth.
To help us meet increasing demand, and to keep our world-class service running smoothly, we’re currently seeking an experienced Sortation Area Manager.
You will join the fast-moving Amazon Logistics team, so the role you play will have a considerable influence on your specific site. At a high level, you will be responsible for optimising our transportation, sortation and delivery network plans, with the ultimate goal of greater efficiency in all processes.
You’ll be in charge of the daily management of our Outbound parcel delivery operations. Therefore, you’ll need to keep the following in mind: continuous improvement of any and all processes is a fundamental element of our operations culture.
Day-to-day, you’ll manage, control and direct a sortation area, either in receipt of parcels, or parcel delivery. While you’re at it, we’ll rely on you to exceed productivity goals, as well as the development and maintenance of a stable delivery operations team. Just as importantly, you’ll manage and drive effective implementation of the Amazon Business Plan in your sphere of influence. That will include: monitoring, auditing and reviewing staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, performance levels and process change initiatives on-site.
Finally, you’ll champion and maintain a strong culture of Health and Safety best practices amongst your team: this will involve oversight and review of practices on the ground..
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering, Operations or a related field,
- Solid working knowledge of Lean techniques and methodologies, such as Kaizen or Six Sigma continuous process improvement,
- Demonstrable track record of problem-solving, alongside strong analytical capabilities,
- You possess close attention-to-detail: you can manage technicalities, establish root cause analysis, while manipulating and extrapolating any data, as and when necessary,
- Previous, accomplished performance in overseeing project delivery: always within scope, timeframes, budget, while meeting required standards of quality,
- Solid command of Excel, with data analysis skills to back this up,
- You’re an excellent communicator, with fluent written and spoken English, alongside the ability to communicate at all levels of seniority within a large organisation,
- A Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) would be beneficial to your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.